Sunday, January 13, 2013

A New Year's Tradition: Photo Craft

New Year's has totally passed, and I was just too busy to get to the craft that I had been saving for that particular holiday.   Oh well.  Better late than never.
Half way through December, in the midst of the holiday rush, it hit me that I would love to have some photos highlighting the best parts of the year to use as decor.  
But then it struck me that Christmas already has a million decorations ideas, why not use New Year's Day as a reason to look back at all the good times we had during the year?
 "And while I'm at it," I thought, "I'll do last year too (the first year of our marriage) so that eventually we will have New Year's decor that will chronicle our lives together."
 I wanted to do a top 10, but I just couldn't narrow down all the amazingness we've experienced in the past two years.  Too many foreign countries, new friends, weddings, and holidays to fit into just 10 photos.  So I added a few extra. 
 I printed them all in timeless black and white, and wallet size, so that even after 10 years we'll be able to store this decoration in a shoe box.
 And I bought teeny tiny clothes pins to attach them to twine.
 On the back I wrote the date and the event so that when we're 100 and senile we might know what we're looking at.
 And I added an appropriate quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson. "Write it on your heart that each day is the best day of the year."


Then one of my most sarcastic but lovable friends came over... And was inspired to make her own sarcasti-craft.
 Jokes on her:  I actually like it.  
She insisted that I write down the best thing from every day to add to the bowl.  That's too much pressure, but I'll definitely add weekly at least.
 Thanks, Di.

No comments:

Post a Comment