Monday, October 22, 2012

Wall Week: Frame Fabulous

So, I've been looking all over for some HUGE and inexpensive frames to decorate the wall behind our bed. I was having so much trouble finding any for good prices... garage sales, swap meets, and the Goodwill were all over charging.

Just as I was about to give up, my darling friend invited me over to "swap meet" through her left over wedding decor, AND LOOK WHAT SHE HAD!  All. For. Free.  Gotta love her.



Most were in need of a good cleaning, and some desperately needed updating.  Nothing some paint can't fix.


Luckily, I happen to have all the colors in my gorgeous quilt as paints.  Apparently I love these colors.


So I freshened them up with some coats of paint that would go with the quilt,

and the lamps. 
And then I hung them on the wall in a somewhat random pattern.

LOVING how they turned out.  Also, bonus: we had an earthquake the other night and none of the frames shook off the wall and crushed our heads!  In fact, without glass and backings the frames are light enough to probably only bruise, rather than smash, our heads if they fell.  Though, that would probably be super scary.
Wall 2: Decorated for free, Yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment