Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Week 26: Apron Maddness

Let's just pretend that I've been regularly posting these.  I HAVE been crafting, I just haven't had access to internet, or time to post anything.  So yeah...

This summer five of my close girlfriends are getting married. I couldn't be more happy and excited for them.  Also, great opportunity to craft! Woohoo!
I decided to make each of them an apron as a wedding shower gifts.  Not because wives belong in the kitchen. But because a cute apron makes any activity more adorable. 

I started with some ribbon..

Some fabric...

I sketched some ideas, and cut some patterns out of newspaper...

Ruffle gathering...

Ironing...

More gathering...

Lot's of pinning..

Folding...

More pinning...

And even some embroidery...

Diana's wearing a bacon themed apron (bacon-like sash and neck) with a Bacon! monogram.  Bacon Day was a blast this year!
 
 Both Jen and Smelli are wearing reversible ruffle aprons with their new names embroidered on the waist band.

Melinda has a curvy silhouette with a rosette, and Bride written on the hip. 

And Molika has a layered ruffle skirt with an old school tuxedo shirt top, and her new name on the waist band.  


Congratulations on all the love in the air girls!  I'm so lucky to be a part of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment