Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week 12: Baby Clothes are Just the Sweetest!


I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  crafting for babies makes me want one.  REAL BAD.  (Don't tell my husband.)  I mean their teeny-tiny little clothes, and their ability to pull off any sort of hilarious animal hat... Sigh.

But as hard as it is for me to not get to have one of my own, I'm so glad to have so many friends expecting little ones.  I'll just kiss all over their faces.  And blow raspberries into their necks.  And tickle their little toes.  And marvel (and possibly weep) over their tiny noses. Until I can have one of my own.  This might be a long couple of years...

Week 11 brings us ever so close to the birth of our neighbors' son Ege.  Summer is fast approaching in Alanya, so no beanies.  And Hacar (the baby's mama) is a master crocheter, so I wont bother making this little boy a blanket, because Mom is sure to have made many.  
So baby clothes it is. 

I made some extra as gifts for my little friend Demir.  Demir's mom and grandmother made my wedding dress, so you know... we're family.  

I used fabric scrap left overs, iron adhesives, and embroidery to attach and add detail. 

I sketched out a few of my favourite things: a whale, a t-rex, ice cream (OK I don't love it, but it's Alan's fave), and a robot family (again, not really my thing, but I've been feeling inspired by them lately). If you're not a sketcher, just google silhouettes for whatever animals or shapes you want to use.

I cut the shapes out of the iron on adhesive, and after ironing, cut them out of the fabric.  
Peel the paper backing off...
Iron... iron.. iron...

And stitch... stitch... stitch... 
He looks creepy without his eyes...




Lots of small details are fun to add with stitching rather than fabric...

Teeth, spikes, words... (the eyes were not fun)

More words... (tatlım means sweetie)

Waves and whale spouts...
 
Or even the whole design!

 I love this Dad.  And his mouth. 

Mom looks a little frazzled, but who can blame her?

 Sweet ice cream and a fierce dino for Demir...

 And a 'bot family and a fat little whale for Ege...
 I have never been more in love with my laundry rack...
 Sigh...
 
 


1 comment:

  1. These are adorable! Especially like the whale and robot family:) And I can totally relate to the whole first part of your post.

    ReplyDelete